I’ve had a rough couple of months, trying to make a silk purse…well, you know.  All my sewing has been strictly for stress relief, so I’ve gotten a few charity quilt tops done, but not much else.

I’m still there.  My thing is done, so I’ve got some time on my hands, but need to get my head clear first.  I don’t want to think too hard, so whatever it is has to be quick and easy.

So I cut out 150 pink mini tumblers with my AccuQuilt.  And sewed them together, and put borders on.  Nope, not enough.

So I sewed together the 72 3.5″ drunkard’s path blocks (I’d cut out in Sept), paired them with squares of the same size.  Didn’t like it.  Spent a few evenings ripping it apart.  Oh well, into every quilt some ripping must occur.

So then I grabbed the leftovers from a skirt that I’d made for my daughter…4 years ago…and cut it all into 3.5″ HSTs with my GO.  Added a hundred or so more HSTs, sewed them together into squares, then had fun playing with the layout.  I think it’s 30×39 finished – so that’s 110 squares, or 220 HSTs.  All cut in an hour of two out of scraps, remnants, and other awkward pieces of fabric.

So then I took a leftover piece of monkey fabric and made that top all over again.

I think my head is almost clear.   (I haven’t made the time to take pictures.  I’ve been too busy cutting and sewing! )

In case it’s not, please don’t get betwee me and my cutter.  Especially if you’re wearing a great shirt!

Out there in blog-land I know of two open Go! Baby giveaways, if you’d like a speed-cutter of your very own:

Lily Pad Quilting  and Pings and Needles

Good luck!

Advertisements